New house? New furniture? Rugs?
Air them out as long and as much as possible, then add some of the following plants to your decor.
- Areca palm – the top rated for removal of chemicals and ease of care
- Lady palm – one of the easiest to care for
- Bamboo palm – one of the best for adding humidity to dry air
- Rubber plant – tolerates low lights, absorbs formaldehyde
- English ivy – Perfect for hanging baskets
- Boston fern – Needs care, but best at removing pollutants
- Peace lily – Boasts a high transpiration rate; blooms reliably indoors
- Corn plant – Maximum height 10 feet, cut back to allotted space
- Ficus/weeping fig – Low maintenance, 10 feet tall
- Aloe vera – removes formaldehyde