Buying Property in NC
Steps to Selecting the Right Property:
- Approach the home buying process objectively—there is no perfect house; the good ones sell quickly; don’t second guess yourself.
- After viewing each property, ask yourself: what did you like about it; what, if anything would you want/need to change; could you see yourself owning the property if the price was right and at what price.
- Use your judgment and the Customized Market Analysis prepared by your agent.
Don’ts for the Home Buyer:
- Don’t wait for the perfect house. Compromising & prioritizing are essential elements of the buying process.
- Don’t buy before comparison shopping…especially if you’re new to the area.
- Don’t write an unrealistic offer or you will simply be helping someone else’s offer look good (too low of a price…too many contingencies).
- Don’t feel a need to negotiate if a property is new to the market, priced right and popular…the good ones often go quickly and at full or close to full price.
- Don’t think all real estate agents and companies are created equal. They are not. Find an agent/company with a great track record and proven home buying system.
- Don’t be afraid to write an offer above or below the asking price. Offer what it is worth to you.
- Don’t work with more than one agent. Find one you like and stick with him/her.
- Don’t wait for the perfect time to buy. The best time to buy is when you have found the right home.
- Don’t get too many people involved in your buying decision.
- Don’t wait until you find a home to start looking for the best loan.
- Don’t wait until after you find a house to be qualified for a loan.